Dress codes should not be encoded
June 12th, 2018
Translation: lay it all out ahead of time (dress code pun) and be clear.
The Hartford Small Business Ahead blog provides five tips:
- Have an answer for "Why not?" other than "Because your Furoshikis* look silly"
- Send out reminders – like now, before the dress code begins to suffer the dreaded summer creep
- Be really specific – casual wear means different things to different people
- Understand the talking point do's and don'ts
- Have "The Talk"
Need a dress code policy? See our blog "Dress codes: who, what, wear" or login to your hrsimple.com HR Library.
* Disclaimer, I have a pair and they kinda do.