Join Fredrikson & Byron’s Immigration Group for a webinar on the latest immigration updates and best practices. Our attorneys will address topics such as non-immigrant visas and student workers, and immigrant visas, travel and compliance. The program will wrap with a Q&A session.
Applications for SHRM, HRCI and CLE credits have been submitted for this program.
1:00 p.m. Introduction: Executive Actions, Policy Changes, Court Updates and the Status of TPS Employees
Speaker: Laura J. Danielson
1:15 p.m. Non-Immigrant Visas and Student workers
- OPT cap-gap update, STEM OPT update and unlawful presence considerations
- H-1B updates and follow-up to the lottery
- L-1’s – processing of Canadians, L-1 blanket petitions and changes to adjudicatory standards
- Travel – best practices for consular processing, what to do about administrative processing and traveling with Advance Parole
Speakers: Loan T. Huynh, Jennifer Bouta Mojica, Debra A. Schneider
2:30 p.m. Immigrant Visas, Travel and Compliance
- Relocation considerations: what happens when an employee or company moves
- Amended filings, portability and impact on PERM
- Adjustment of status trends – update on mandatory interviews, emerging issues, visa unavailability and backlogs
Speakers: Zhu “June” Cheng, Jennifer Bouta Mojica, Debra A. Schneider
3:15 p.m. Break
3:30 p.m. Immigrant Visas, Travel, and Compliance
- Compliance today – enforcement priorities and strategies, update on I-9 and E-Verify, FDNS site visits, and DOL wage and hour investigations
- Litigation in the employment setting – fighting back: update on our case and further ideas for litigation
Speakers: Loan T. Huynh, Debra A. Schneider, Matthew Webster
4:30 p.m. Q&A
An in-person seminar version of this program is also being offered. If you intend to register for the seminar and not the online webinar, click here.