Wilson Jarrell advises and represents employers and management on a wide range of employment issues. He proactively counsels management in developing effective workplace policies, and works closely with clients to ensure satisfactory resolution when the need for litigation arises. Additionally, Wilson frequently serves as a workplace investigator, regularly conducting investigations into allegations of employee misconduct, harassment, discrimination, retaliation, or other sensitive issues.
Wilson understands that the business needs and goals of his clients are paramount, and thus focuses on providing reliable, efficient, creative, and tailored solutions to each individual problem that may arise. By quickly developing an understanding of his clients’ unique businesses, he is able to provide responsive, solution-oriented advice and representation that gets clients back to doing what they do best: running their business.
Prior to joining Barran Liebman, Wilson externed for the Honorable Marco A. Hernandez, and clerked for the Office of Lincoln County Legal Counsel. He graduated from the University of Oregon School of Law, third in his class, where he was elected to Oregon Law’s Order of the Coif for his outstanding commitment to academic excellence. Wilson received his B.A., magna cum laude, in Mathematics from Humboldt State University, which nurtured his love of creative problem-solving. Throughout the duration of his legal education, Wilson was highly active in the community, serving as both an Environmental and Natural Resource Fellow and the Co-Director of the Public Interest Environmental Law Conference. Wilson remains active in his community today, serving on the Service to the Public Committee of the Multnomah Bar Association Young Lawyers Section.
- Counsel for a State Agency: Conducted multiple investigations regarding claims of discrimination, hostile work environment, harassment, and retaliation
- Counsel for a Local County: Conducted investigation regarding claims of sexual harassment, discrimination, hostile work environment, and racial discrimination
- Counsel for a Local Special District: Conducted investigation regarding employee misconduct and retaliation
- Counsel for a Private Corporation: Represented local company in response to employee complaints of disability discrimination filed with the Oregon Bureau of Labor and Industries
- Counsel for Local Financial Institution: Represented Pacific Northwest bank in lawsuit alleging whistleblower retaliation and wrongful termination
- Counsel for an International Shoe Company: Drafted confidentiality and non-disclosure agreements for company-wide use
- Counsel for a Higher Education Institution: Conducted independent contractor audit in response to individuals working as both employees and independent contractors
- Counsel for a Local Private Corporation: Advised on termination of executive officer
- Counsel for a Large International Corporation: Advised on compliance with federal and state regulations specific to substance abuse testing
- Counsel for a Large Oregon Brewery: Advised on Paid Time Off policies and compliance with Oregon Sick Leave laws
- Counsel for a Private Company: Advised on independent contractor classification issues and drafted independent contractor agreement
- Counsel for a Non-Profit: Advised on long-term disability and scope of applicable exemptions from various laws and regulations for a religious organization
PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE AND AFFILIATIONS
- Multnomah Bar Association Young Lawyers Section: Service to the Public Committee, Member (2018-present)
- Honorable Judge Marco A. Hernandez: Legal Extern (2017)
- Earthjustice Northwest Regional Office: Law Clerk (2017)
- Office of Lincoln County Legal Counsel: Legal Intern (2016)