To register, please email Jessica at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Effective performance management and disciplinary practices have always been at the forefront of creating and maintaining a productive work environment. However, in the face of labor shortages, employers must now balance these practices against market expectations of workplace environment and the impacts of an employee-centric landscape in the tightest labor market the U.S. has seen in at least 20 years.* In this presentation, Barran Liebman partner, Shayda Le, will help employers refine their performance management processes through a lens that considers the heightened importance of workforce retention.
Some of the key topics that will be addressed include the following:
- Manager roles and responsibilities surrounding employee retention in the face of performance concerns
- Careful documentation and effective communication with employees
- Shoring up practices for performance management
- Tailoring discipline to business needs and market availability
- Best practices for change management and motivating employee performance
*According to data from the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics and an article recently published by the Center for American Progress.