There were a number of bills passed of significance to employers in the just eneded legislative session, including:
- the creation of a paid family leave program
- an expanded definition of illegal harassment
- an extension of the statute of limitations for employment discrimination and harassment claims
- reasonable accommodations for applicants with disabilities
- the possibility of recreational marijuana
- revisions to Maryland’s Personal Information Protection law
- Juneteenth as a new State holiday.
Join us on April 28, 2022 at noon for a complimentary one-hour webinar.
Shawe Rosenthal is recognized by SHRM to offer Professional Development Credits (PDCs) for the SHRM CP or SHRM SCP. This program is valid for 1 PDC for the SHRM CP or SHRM SCP. For more information about certification or recertification, please visit the SHRM Certification website at www.shrm.org/certification.