Common Misunderstandings About the ADA, HIPAA, OSHA and Employee Medical Information
May 1st, 2019 at 10:00am CDT
Presented by Fisher Phillips
Hosted by Fisher Phillips
Employers often worry about mishandling employee medical and health information. Join Fisher Phillips attorneys for a complimentary webinar to discuss the following questions:
- How does a typical employer violate HIPAA?
- Can the employer approach an employee reported to have TB or MRSA about whether the employee poses a threat to others?
- How can an employer get enough information to complete the First Report of Injury/OSHA Form 301 within the time required by OSHA?
- How does the Americans with Disabilities Act limit employers handling and sharing employee health information? Are current and former employees entitled to OSHA 300 Injury Logs, IH test results, and other health and industrial hygiene information?
- Can an employer gather health information as part of a wellness program?
- What can an employer require employees to tell them about their illicit drug use?
For questions please contact Tori Spencer at firstname.lastname@example.org
*This event is pending HRCI, SHRM and CLE credit hours.