Peter represents and counsels management on a wide array of employment law-related issues, including workplace safety and health, wage and hour laws, prevailing wage issues, covenants not to compete, discrimination and harassment, wrongful discharge, whistleblower claims, class actions, hiring, discipline, promotion and dismissal decision-making, workplace privacy, and statutory compliance. He provides employers with strategic advice to help meet their objectives while reducing potential litigation risks.
Peter handles litigation in both federal and state courts as well as claims pending with state and federal administrative agencies including the Occupational Safety and Health Administration, the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission, the U.S. Department of Labor, the Illinois Department of Human Rights, and the Illinois Department of Labor.
HONORS, MEMBERSHIPS AND PUBLICATIONS
- Chick Evans Scholar
- Chicago Bar Association
- American Bar Association
- Membership and Diversity Committee Chair, American Bar Association Section of Science and Technology Law
- Member of the Editorial Board of the SciTech Lawyer, a publication of the Section of Science and Technology Law
- Author of the "Illinois Human Resources Manual," which is published annually by the American Chamber of Commerce Resources
- Contributing author to "The Internet of Things: Legal Issues, Policy and Practical Strategies," published by the American Bar Association Section of Science and technology Law
- Contributing author to the 2020 Edition of "Conducting the Employment Practices Audit," published by the Illinois Institute for Continuing Legal Education
Illinois Human Resources Library
Illinois Human Resources Manual
IL Staying Ahead Of the Curve On Cannabis Legalization In Illinois, Ask an Attorney: Employment Law Q&A Webinar, Ask our Attorneys Anything, 100% Compliance With OSHA Recordkeeping: Anything Less Will Be Costly!, Welcome Back To The Workplace! Wait, You Brought Weed With You?