Presented by Gregory A. Wald, Samuel J. Mudrick and Luisa E. Koidl
Hosted by Squire Patton Boggs
Please join Gregory A. Wald, Samuel J. Mudrick and Luisa E. Koidl for a webinar on Wednesday, April 29, 2020 at 11 a.m. EDT/8 a.m. PDT discussing the latest developments and impact of the President’s Executive Order suspending certain aspects of US immigration, travel restrictions and related processing challenges in the transition to a post-COVID-19 world. Hot-button issues of interest to US employers and multinationals sponsoring foreign national employees will be covered, including:
- Review and scope of the expected Executive Order temporarily suspending immigration to the US
- Current state of travel bans and restrictions impacting global travel and prognosis for easing
- Pivoting to a remote workforce and related challenges specific to immigration sponsorship and I-9 compliance
- Work reductions, furloughs and lay-offs: immigration consequences and strategies
- Visa processing and maintenance of status challenges related to closures of government offices and Consulates
- Planning for the end of the COVID-19 disruption and the “new normal”
Registration is here.
In the meantime, if travel restrictions, quarantine measures and reduced services at visa application are affecting your globally mobile workforce, we invite you to sign up to our CV19 Disruption: Global Migration Tracker. This live site provides easy access to reliable sources of information in the form of links to relevant webpages of governments, national immigration departments and official visa application centers around the world. It also provides access to detailed guidance and analysis on recent developments and COVID-19-related changes in immigration law in specific countries. If you would like access to our live site, please email email@example.com, providing your name, organization and email address.