Presented by David L. Barron, John S. Ho, and Michele Miller
Hosted by Cozen O'Connor
Keeping sick employees out of the workplace is important, but what about the employer’s obligation to keep employees safe at work? This week’s deep dive will cover everything employers need to know about masks, distancing and personal protective equipment, along with other important topics.
- Best practices for compliance with local mask ordinances, including dealing with accommodation requests and discipline of employees who refuse to cooperate
- Wage and hour issues associated with masks and other PPE in the workplace
- OSHA PPE obligations for non-healthcare employers
- Suggestions for implementing distancing in the workplace
- Legal update on potential employer lability for claims arising out of workplace sickness
CLE is approved in PA, NY, TX, IL, and CA. All other jurisdictions will be applied for upon request.
Cozen O’Connor is recognized by SHRM to offer Professional Development Credits (PDC) for the SHRM-CPSM or SHRM-SCPSM. This program is valid for 1 PDC for the SHRM-CPSM or SHRM-SCPSM.