List 10 up: What's the deal with employee handbook rules?
October 24th, 2018
Ruthie Goodboe at Ogletree Deakins
Spend 20 minutes with Ruthie Goodboe from our author Ogletree Deakins as she discusses employer work rules and employee handbook policies and practices in the podcast What's the deal with employee handbook rules?
List 10 up:
- covers union AND non-union workers
- employees raising concerns/complaints
- enforcement/implementation of the rules
- does any rule implemented by an employer not infringe on an employee's rights?
- good news for employers - a balancing test justification vs. employee rights
- 3 new categories of work rules and are they retroactive?
- reasons for rules
- unwritten practices
- articulate justification of rule in the rule itself?
- buy-in from workforce