Unconscious bias refers to the associations that are made between different qualities and societal categories such as race, gender or disability and are judgments that we make without conscious awareness. After completing this workshop, participants will be able to help make their organization a more supportive and engaging place to work by understanding the perceptual, institutional, and psychological processes that impact the ways people interact with each other.
Workshop Learning Objectives
- Understand your own unconscious biases
- Evaluate real-world scenarios and discuss how you would respond;
- Enhance knowledge of participants resulting in an increased level of appreciation for diversity and become familiar with workplace diversity;
- Learn how diversity issues impact us in our daily interaction and in the workplace
- Generate open, honest, and frank dialogue through sharing information and active participation;
- Achieve an understanding of the benefits of a diverse labor workforce;
- Attain a commitment to change and progress by valuing differences.