Presented by Kenya Denner and Mark Saloman at FordHarrison
Hosted by FordHarrison
Statutory changes, medical marijuana, opioids and more are generating much “hand wringing” among officials and managers and human resources professionals. Join FordHarrison New Jersey based attorneys Keya Denner and Mark Saloman, as they examine the questions each organization must answer as it builds a new (or perhaps only shores up its) platform for managing this dynamic landscape. Topics include:
- ADA accommodations in light of state legalization of marijuana,
- Unemployment compensation for terminated employees based on positive drug tests,
- Off-duty lawful conduct affecting workplace policies,
- State laws providing protection for employees with positive drug tests, and
- Multi-state employers' obligations.
This program is pre-approved for 1 hour of PHR, SPHR AND GPHR credit from HRCI. FordHarrison is recognized by SHRM to offer Professional Development Credits (PDCs) for the SHRM-CPSM or SHRM-SCPSM for 1 hour of PDCs for this course.