Presented by Rachel Ziolkowski Ullrich at FordHarrison
Hosted by FordHarrison
Hurricane season began June 1 and while the current season may be unpredictable, your response doesn't have to be. Prepare your workplace policies now to ensure that they are weather-proof! Join FordHarrison attorney Rachel Ullrich for a webinar focused on:
- How to calculate wages when your operations are shut down;
- Whether you should allow your employees to work remotely before, during and after the storm;
- Whether to make qualified disaster payments to employees in lieu of bonuses;
- Whether you can count absences due to the storm against an employee’s FMLA;
- What do to when employees don’t return to work after the storm is over because of personal circumstances;
- Whether employees who are discharged due to the storm are entitled to unemployment compensation;
- Whether you can require your employees to work or be on-call during the storm;
- Whether you have to pay on-call time during the storm; and
- How to ensure your employees’ safety upon return to work.
FordHarrison is recognized by SHRM to offer Professional Development Credits (PDCs) for the SHRM-CPSM or SHRM-SCPSM. This course is approved for 1 hour of PDCs.
This program is also pre-approved by HRCI for 1 hour of PHR, GPHR, and SPHR recertification credit.
Date: Tuesday, July 9, 2019
Time: 2:00 - 3:00 pm Eastern