Over the past four years, we have seen a large number of changes to the U.S. immigration system, numbering around 400+ changes. Many of these changes have significantly impacted employment-based immigration.
On February 23, attorneys from Fredrikson & Byron’s Immigration Group will discuss some of U.S. immigration’s most pressing employment-based issues in light of the change in administration, including the following topics:
- What will be the Biden Administration’s focus on enacting widespread immigration reforms?
- What is the timeline, consideration and process to address restrictive changes that have occurred over the past 4 years?
- For H-1B cap-subject petitions (i.e., H1-B lottery), what is and might be the H-1B employer registration and selection process?
- What has occurred and what can we expect in how to determine prevailing wage figures in immigration cases?
- What should we expect and when in addressing international travel restrictions and visa suspensions based on the previous Administration’s executive orders and proclamations?
- What we might expect from the Biden administration in other areas of immigration and compliance?